What is the prize for?
There are three prizes on offer for 2021: one for the best fiction book, one for the best children’s book (including YA) and one for the best memoir/autobiography self-published in the UK during the period under consideration (for the 2021 prize, this is anything published between January 2020 and December 2020).
What are the judges looking for?
- A story that delights and entertains the reader
- A well produced book
- A well designed cover and intriguing blurb
- A marketing and publicity strategy that addresses the relevant audience and has the potential for great sales
When do I need to submit my work?
Submissions for the 2021 prize opened on 26th October and closed at midnight on Friday, 8th January 2021. For further information, or to be put on the list to be alerted when the next Selfies awards are announced, please email email@example.com.
How do I submit my work?
Details on how to submit for the Selfies are given on the submission page.
What is the Prize?
The winners in each of the three categories will receive a cheque for £750, a profile in BookBrunch, a winners certificate and other publishing opportunities and packages from IngramSpark. Shortlisted authors will receive free entry to the London Book Fair, and the LBF Author HQ. In addition, one shortlisted author will receive two free hours of mentoring from the Really Useful Company. The winners will be announced in Spring 2021, at a time and venue to be announced.
What are the key timings for the 2021 Selfies?
- Submissions opened on 26th October and closed on Friday, 8th January 2021
- The shortlists will be announced in March 2021
- The winners will be announced in April 2021, date and venue to be confirmed
What happens if I have further questions or problems submitting my work?
- Please check your spam if you don’t receive a confirmatory email from BookBrunch with the link to submit your work
- If you can’t find the email, or have problems subscribing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org