What is the prize for?
The best fiction self-published in English during the period under consideration (for the 2019 prize, this was anything published between December 2017-December 2018).
What are the judges looking for?
- A story that delights and entertains the reader
- A well produced ebook or print book
- A well designed cover and intriguing blurb
- A marketing and publicity strategy that address the relevant audience and has led to great sales
When do I need to submit my work?
Submissions for the 2020 prize will open on 1st November 2019. For further information, please email email@example.com.
How do I submit my work?
Details on how to submit for the 2020 Selfies will be advised in due course.
What is the Prize?
All authors submitting work will receive six month’s subscription to BookBrunch. Shortlisted authors will receive free entry to the London Book Fair, and the LBF Author HQ. The winner will be awarded a cash prize plus a special self-publishing package from sponsors IngramSpark for their next book. They will also be eligible for a bespoke book cover design, created by award winning designer Aimee Coveney and a book publicity campaign worth £1,000 for their next book.
What were the key timings for the 2019 Selfies?
- Submissions closed on 3rd January 2019
- The shortlist was announced early February
- The winner was announced at the London Book Fair Author’s HQ on Tuesday, 12th March